Mackintosh Room

Queen sized bed, first floor
 

This room has a hand painted mural depicting Bristol’s waterfront painted in 2000 when Mount Hope Farm was featured in the Newport Showhouse Guild event. With some artistic license, many of the town’s buildings can still be identified. Even the closet is included in the mural.  

This room offers an antique bed and a corner location with several windows.  The private bath is accessed from the hall.The Mackintosh room is named after Col. Henry Mackintosh, who purchased the Farm from Nathaniel Byfield and in 1744 sub-divided the property. Half of the land went to Thomas Palmer and the remaining parcel to his daughter Elizabeth Mackintosh. Elizabeth married Isaac Royall, who built the Governor Bradford House in 1745.

All room rates based on double-occupancy
State & local taxes are not included in room rates

North Pasture House - Mackintosh Room/>